Friday 27 July 2012

North Korean Olympic team

http://www.london2012.com/country/north-korea/athletes/

I have to say a few words about this team.  Did anyone notice that when it came the turn for the North Koreans to come out with their flag in the opening ceremony, no faces were shown.  I ask my husband about this and he had heard that their faces werent shown because if they did badly in the games they and their families would be sent to a gulag of sorts for correction.  This is a rumour I think and seriously hope it isnt true.  But here is hoping they do well and are not punished. 

If anyone can recall, the Football World Cup, the same this was rumoured to have happened.  No one can check if any of the players who did not make the final were sent to gulags.  I for one would like to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment